In the Wanderlust 300-Hour Advanced Teacher Training Program you will explore in greater depth the many pathways of the practice, further develop your unique voice and style as a yoga teacher, and refine, master, and expand the foundations of your yoga training and experience. This program will equip you with a broad set of skills and insights to integrate into your practice and your teaching. The “advanced” aspect of this program is not simply about advanced postures, but about moving beyond knowledge and into a practiced and embodied understanding of the topics we consider essential to your growth as a professional yoga teacher. This depth of experience will help you elevate your teaching, practice and career as you step more fully into the richness of the teachings.
This program is designed around a strong and supportive mentor-apprentice relationship, within an environment of focus, exploration, deep understanding, and growth. Our team of senior teachers, mentors and experts will offer a comprehensive, well-rounded program steeped in lineage, tradition, and years of dedicated studentship and teaching. Our teaching team will guide you into the practices that are at the heart of yoga and prepare you to lead your students with confidence, compassion and skill.
In this training you will:
· Gain extensive knowledge on how to design classes with themes, music, and demonstrations
· Design challenging and accessible classes through teaching form, action, intention and alignment
· Practice teach, give and receive live feedback and experience 1:1 coaching
· Learn advanced asanas, adaptations and advanced sequences
· Delve deeply into the practices of meditation and pranayama
· Develop confidence and mastery in your hands-on assisting
· Gain skills for developing workshops, facilitating groups and creating yoga events
· Deepen your understanding of anatomy and physiology, and practical application for your classes
· Explore modern lifestyle practices and ethics for yoga students and teachers
· Strengthen your presentation and communication skills for teaching and connecting more effectively
· Develop the clarity and artistry for working with beginners and special populations
· Deepen your understanding of yoga philosophy as we explore in depth the Bhagavad Gita and the Yoga Sutras and how they relate to your life and teaching
· Explore the Subtle Body through in-depth study and practical applications
· Cultivate your authentic voice and declare your gifts as a teacher
· Contribute to a group service project, and develop your own unique seva project based on your experience and passions
· Design custom strategies for your personal growth
· Expand your yoga practice on and off the mat
This program is open to 200-hour-certified teachers from any tradition and school. We recommend you have at least one year of teaching experience.
This program is facilitated by Kate Waitzkin and Leah Cullis. Featuring weekend workshops by senior contributing teachers.
Early Bird (June 1st) $4250 and Regular: $4750
$500 non-refundable deposit with application. Payment plans are available. 30-day cancellation policy for refund of remaining payment.
*Training includes unlimited yoga at Wanderlust through the duration of the program.
The Wanderlust 300-hour training includes six, 5-day intensives from September 2017 – February 2018.
Module 1: September 13-17
Module 2: October 11-15
Module 3: November 2-5
Module 4: December 6-10
Module 5: January 24-28
Module 6: February 14-18
Wednesday: 12pm – 7pm
Thursday: 9am – 7pm
Friday: 9am – 7pm
Saturday: 9am – 6pm
Sunday: 9am – 6pm
Praise for the Wanderlust 300-Hour Advanced Training ::
The Wanderlust Advanced Teacher Training asks you to step out of what’s comfortable and step into what’s possible. The 300 hour process mirrors and honors our lifelong journey as both student and teacher. Guided by Kate and Leah we take a stand for ourselves and we take a stand for each other. By looking at what is working and what is not working we refine our tools and explore the mastery of teaching. The daily inquiry work asks, “What’s opening up for you?” Deep in the midst of the messy process of growth we are asked over and over to notice, to listen, to feel and to be authentic with our words. Using feedback as a gift we hold each other to the highest version of ourselves as teacher and we begin to step into What’s Possible.
Linda Fenelon, Creator of NuPower Yoga, traveling yoga teacher and health coach
Wanderlust’s 300-Hour Advanced Teacher Training was a yogic laboratory of learning and connection. This program was designed to positively transform not only my teaching but also my life and the way I relate to others. Days were filled with laughter, tears, a-ha moments, vulnerability, and mind and heart expansion. I am ever grateful for my teachers Kate and Leah and for the grace they extended and accountability they expected from us; I never doubted their support or desire to see us be the best versions of ourselves. And I now have an amazing fellowship with other teachers from which to draw inspiration and strength; they will forever be friends and teachers shining their beautiful light on my path.
Julie Oliver, YoStrong and Power Yoga Teacher at Wanderlust Yoga Austin